How to help us
1. Treat staff courteously, they are required to follow procedures to ensure the practice runs smoothly.
2. Keep to your appointment time and cancel any appointment you do not need, or cannot attend by informing us at least two hours before the appointment time.
3. If you think your problem can be dealt with by a nurse, please say so.
4. If you are asked to book a follow-up appointment, please avoid Monday morning as these sessions are in high demand for emergencies.
5. If you have an emergency appointment, please discuss that problem only. An appointment is for one person only – where another member of the family needs to be seen or discussed, another appointment should be made.
6. Restrict night and weekend calls to emergencies that cannot wait until the surgery re-opens.
7. Requesting home visits only when you are too ill to visit the surgery, and please call as soon as possible, ideally by 10.00am.
8. For repeat prescriptions, allow at least 48 to 72 hours’ processing time before your medication runs out.
9. Informing us if you change your name, address or telephone number in writing as soon as possible.
10. Please see your dentist if you have a dental problem.
11. Be polite at all times. Please do not get annoyed with the receptionists when doctors are running late. We have a Zero Tolerance Policy, which means that any form of aggression/abusive behaviour towards any members of this practice will not be tolerated and could lead to your name being removed from our patient register.
12. Inform the surgery when you want forms to be completed as this will NOT be done during normal consultation hours. By forms we mean private medicals, solicitors, immigration, housing medicals etc. Please note that there is a fee to be paid in advance, please ask at Reception.